- Tue, 29 Jan 2019, 15:00-19:00
Download calendar (ics) file
- Institute of Railway Research, University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
IRO members are invited to be part of the FIRST EVER UKRRIN Lecture Series – An innovative series connecting practising rail professionals with the latest innovations and research developments. The series will focus on the four centres for excellence, their capabilities, and the future of Rail in the UK.
You can find out more on the UKRRIN website here: https://www.ukrrin.org.uk/centres-of-excellence.
Lecture 1: “Rolling Stock of the Future”
Institute of Rail Research, University of Huddersfield
The first lecture kicks off at the new UKRRIN Centre of Excellence in Rolling Stock based at Huddersfield: Join us from 3pm for an exploration of some of the centres most innovative case studies, enjoy a tour of the lab facilities and hear about the rolling stock of the future from our keynote speaker Jo Hensher, Bid Director HS2 Rolling Stock, Siemens Mobility (lecture starts at 6pm).
- 3pm Case studies (how is research already leading to innovative solutions for the UK railway?)
- 5pm Refreshments and lab tours
- 6pm Keynote lectures from Jo Hensher (Siemens Mobility) and Professor George Bearfield (Rock Rail)
The next lectures in the series are:
- 4th April, Birmingham Centre for Rail Research and Education, Centre of Excellence in Digital Systems
- 4th June, Institution of Civil Engineers, Centre of Excellence in Testing
- 8/9th July, University of Southampton, Grand Opening Ceremony for the National Infrastructure Laboratory (part of the UKRRIN Centre of Excellence in Infrastructure)
To find out more or to reserve your place visit for more information: www.ukrrin.org.uk/events-and-activity/
CPD Topics Covered: