- Tue, 21 Oct 2014, 17:45-21:00
Download calendar (ics) file
- Stoke on Trent Railway Station, Station Road, Stoke on Trent, ST4 2AB
Tuesday 21st October 2014, 17:45 for 18:00 start – Stoke-on-Trent Railway Station
• Please sign in at the Virgin Trains Customer Services office, located between ‘Gourmet and the First Class Lounge’
• Light refreshments will be available.
The ORR has set Network Rail a target to reduce level crossing risk by 25% over Control Period 5 (2014-2019). Network Rail’s funding settlement for Control Period 5 includes dedicated funding to close a further 500 level crossing and improve safety at hundreds more of the highest risk crossings.
Level crossings represent one half of the non-suicide, non-trespass fatality risk on the railway. Analysis of Network Rail and Department for Transport data shows that if an average walking trip includes a level crossing, the fatality risk to a pedestrian is about double the risk of an average walking trip without a level crossing.
Network Rails policy towards managing level crossing risk is:
• Committed to reducing the risk at level crossings where reasonably practicable
• Continuing to investigate, trial and implement new technology, processes and techniques that improve safety through either reduced cost or provision of enhanced protection
• Where reasonably practicable seeking to close and/or divert crossings or enhance their safety through the provision of improved safety features/equipment
• Regularly involve users and stakeholders in risk assessments and developing controls to improve safety
• Regularly involve and inform stakeholders of new technologies and developments in the management of level crossings
• Forming partnerships and improve relationships with internal and external stakeholders to improve safety at level crossings.
Further Information and Booking
For further details please email email@example.com or to reserve your place please use the online booking facility below.
Please note: You will have to be logged on to the website to use the online booking facility. Please contact the Stafford office on 03333 440523 if you need any help with your website logon.
IRO Module coverage and CPD
Degree – Safety law management module
Diploma – Railway operating principles, safety law and management modules
Certificate – Basic railway operations module
CPD Topics Covered: Managing Safety
Bookings are closed for this event.