- Wed, 4 Feb 2015, All Day
Download calendar (ics) file
- The Charing Cross Hotel, The Strand, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 5HX
Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances this event has been cancelled. We will be contacting Delegates for a full refund and would like to offer our apologies for any inconvenience caused. For upcoming learning opportunities please visit: www.railwayoperators.co.uk/whats-on
Successful railways depend on integration of the operational and the technical aspects so that they work effectively together. The Institution of Railway Operators (IRO) and the UK chapter of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) are jointly organising a workshop to explore how this integration may be improved.
This workshop is for you if:
- You work on specifying operational requirements and outputs from railway projects, or wish that those projects were better at delivering the desired outputs.
- You are a Professional Rail Operator, who sees the final results of putting the operational and the technical aspects of a change together and, sometimes, has to work around the deficiencies.
- You are a Professional Systems Engineer who sees the whole railway as a system and are concerned with understanding what outcomes are wanted from projects and then ensuring that these outcomes are delivered. •
- You are interested in learning more about how the railway should be considered as a whole system when undertaking any change (enhancements, a renewal or a new venture).
- You want to develop new ideas on whole railway systems thinking.
Why should you be there?
- You will meet high quality speakers and discuss relevant issues.
- You will understand how to influence railway projects so that they deliver the operational outputs you seek.
- You will work with Operators and Systems Engineers to explore synergies between railway operations and systems engineering professions
- You will have the chance to share best practice drawn from across the industry.
What will you take away?
- Beneficial knowledge to apply in your company and to support your learning and development.
- Valuable insight from senior figures in the industry.
- Good practice in applying System Engineering and professional Railway Operations practice to the whole railway concept of railway projects.
- Ideas to assist future projects. • Contacts with people interested in this important area. • A better understanding of systems engineering for railway operations professionals.
- A better understanding of railway operations for systems engineering
For more information please click here: Railway Operations and Systems Engineering Workshop
CPD Topics Covered: