- Sun, 11 Jun 2017-Wed, 14 Jun 2017, All Day
Download calendar (ics) file
We are sorry to announce that this event had to be postponed. The North East Area Council will provide updates when they are confirmed.
The North East Area Council is pleased to give advance details of our Irish Study Tour.
The provisional programme will be as follows:
- Sun 11th – Delegates make their own way to Dublin
- Mon 12th – All day visit to Inchicore, including the Driver Simulator in the Training School, lunch, and a tour of the Workshops.
- Tues 13th – Visit Portlaoise Train Care Depot. On return to Dublin meet Iarnród Éireann CEO, David Franks. Dinner in the evening.
- Weds 14th – Visit Central Traffic Control, Connolly. Tour of Railway Preservation Society of Ireland Loco Shed.
Delegates may return to the UK from Wednesday evening, though there will be the option of extending the visit till Friday, with the opportunity for further study visits.
There will be no charge for the programme itself, though delegates will need to make their own travel arrangements, and pay their own hotel costs, as well as meals other than those outlined above. Hotel accommodation will be booked for the whole party, and is likely to cost in the region of €120 per night for bed and breakfast; it is hoped that we will be able to make a contribution towards the hotel costs.
CPD Topics Covered: