- Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 09:30-15:30
Download calendar (ics) file
- London Marriott Hotel, Grosvenor Square, London, UK, W1K 6JP
The IRO, in conjunction with Modern Railways’ Fourth Friday Club, celebrate the best of railway operating with the companies making the greatest strides in punctuality and best practice at the Golden Whistle Awards.
The Golden Whistle awards are dedicated to people who work in or interface with railway operations, recognising those who have gone above and beyond expectations in order to deliver excellence in railway operations.
IRO board member, Tim Shoveller, Managing Director, UK Rail, Stagecoach is the guest speaker at this event and Dick Fearn, Formerly CEO, Irish Rail and Fellow of the Insitution will be presenting the Golden Whistles awards for the following categories:
- Right time along the route – Inter-city TOCs
- Right time along the route – London and South East TOCs
- Right time along the route – Regional TOCs
- Freight performance – FOCs
- Minimising delay minutes – operators
- Minimising delay minutes – Network Rail Routes
- London Underground Line performance
- Outstanding Operator/Operating Team
- Special Award
This annual event now incorporates a morning conference at which railway operators discuss developments aimed at improving operations, followed by a networking lunch and the handing out of the Golden Whistle awards for excellence in railway operating.
For the full event schedule and booking details please click here to visit the 4th Friday Club website.
CPD Topics Covered: