Welcome to the new IRO Young Operators pages, where you can keep in touch with information relevant for our younger members, offering younger operators the chance to take part in events and activities.
Our aim is to provide a focal point for young people working in operations on the railways. We would like to hear from you if you have ideas you would like to share for what IRO Young Operators can do to help, guide and inspire you or your team.
The IRO is always looking for new ways to meet the needs of our members, and listened carefully to your feedback in our Members’ Survey last year.
As a result of the feedback we received, we would like to explore additional ways to cater for our younger members by creating IRO Young Operators. This will be an additional set of activities and events to those already offered by the various IRO Areas, and will also be available to members from any of the IRO Areas.
Share your thoughts
We’d like to hear your ideas for what IRO Young Operators can do for you and/or your team! Whether your ideas involve education and training, events and networking, or about workplace based activities, get in touch and let us know what you would like to see.
Young Operators events
- Introduction to the Railway Industry – IRO Learn Short Course on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, All Day
- Introduction to the Railway Industry – IRO Learn Short Course on Thu, 16 Nov 2017, All Day
Young Operators news and reviews
- IRO Member Wins Top Industry Award (added 3 Mar 2016)
- Young Operators catch up at St Pancras (added 24 May 2013)
- Don’t be afraid to be flexible, Patrick Hallgate tells Young Operators (added 24 Apr 2013)